Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Portrait Series

For my portrait series I choose to use someone as my model instead of doing a self portrait series. I wanted the composition of the piece to be composed of pictures with all of the same orientation. I really wanted my pictures to speak to the person viewing this piece I wanted it show the beauty of dance. When having my model pose for these pictures I wanted her to have fun with it, I wanted her inspiration as a dancer to show through the pictures. The message that I am really trying to get across with this portrait series is the grace and balance that comes with being a dancer. Although it may look like what she is doing in these pictures are easy it really isn't. Dance requires balance and poise and I really think that you can see that in this portrait series. I really am happy with the way that this piece turned out and how beautifully it fell into place. My goal is when you look at this picture one of the first words that come to your mind is grace because that's what dance is really all about, grace. I love how dance can express so much without using any words you can just tell how the person is feeling or what they are thinking by how they are moving. I really think that these pictures speak to you when you look at them and you can take emotion away from them and that's really what I was trying to do when I was creating this piece. I am happy with the composition and how the colors complement one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment